Model Dog Hobby Association |
Model Dogs Conformation
Entry Fee: $10.00 per each 100 models you enter. Payment made via Paypal and the button on left side of menu on the Show Arena Page.
Payment is due before the first show of each of the show season you enter. This is a one time yearly payment.
Open to Original Finish, Artist Resin, Custom or Stuffed Hardbodied Model Dogs. No plush stuffed or furred animals please.
The show is for judging the conformation and structure of model dogs as they pertain to the breed as to the model. The show is open to both adult and puppy models and split by gender for each breed.
The best part of this circuit is once you have entered you don't need to resend your jpg unless you are replacing
the photo. There is no membership or show entry fee required.
Scheduling for show as follows:
The 10th of Every Month Show
Entry Gate Uploads and Entries - until the 9th at 5 PM PST.
NSQ or Mixed or Designer Group
- Boxer - White - Albinism Gene - No Cross Entry
- Doberman - White - Albinism Gene - No Cross Entry
- English Mastweiler - No Cross Entry
- Harlequin Mismark - Spotting on Front Apron or Around Neck - No Cross Entry
- Purebred NSQ or Mixed or Designer Toy Size - under 10 inches at the shoulder
- Purebred NSQ or Mixed or Designer Small Size - 10 to 15 inches at the shoulder
- Purebred NSQ or Mixed or Designer Medium Size - 18-22 inches at the shoulder
- Purebred NSQ or Mixed or Designer Large Size- 22-26 inches at the shoulder
- Purebred NSQ or Mixed or Designer Giant Size- over 28 inches
- Any Other Not Listed Above Dog
NSQ or Mixed or Designer Best of Group
(1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th)
For more information, email MDHA - Model Dog Hobby Association
MDHA Model Dog Online
Photo Show Rules
- Unreg: stands for Unregistered, NSQ: Stands for Not Show Quality due to a flaw in the dog per it's registry or breed standard, such as wrong color, uncropped, docked tail, wrong color eys or nose, etc.
- Miscellaneous Breeds are for Purebreed Dogs that are not AKC Recognized
but registered by Other Clubs or Associations.
- Only one photo per dog and the dog is only eligible for one class in it's corresponding division.
- How To Enter
Entries are made using the Modeldoghobby.com PHP Model Dog Show Program. You will find the
Main Page at:
Model Dog Shows
- Entrants must join by registering their Kennel Name and receive a password. Please be sure to Name your kennel something easy and to remember the EXACT spelling of the kennel name. Entrants will then upload and be responsible for making all entries, deletions and repairs to their images.
- Do not name your dogs with prefix or suffix initials or punctuation in the name such as apostrophe, hyphen or commas. You may interfere with the prefix and suffix title achievement awards the program generates to the dogs names after it achieves a set number of points in any division.
Please do not use any space or punctuation in the User ID (Kennel Name) or in the password. The PHP Program that runs the script and shows can not process these.
Example User Name: No - Blue Moon's Kennel. Yes - Blues Moons Kennel.
Example File Name: No - Red_Dawg_tirejump.jpg Yes - RedDawgtirejump.jpg
Example Dogs Name: No - BMR's Red Dawg Yes - BMRs Red Dawg.
- When registerng and uploading your new entries Do Not use a generic image
such as a "Coming Soon" photo to represent your entries. Do not make a registration out for any
model that you DO NOT HAVE a photo of yet. Unapproved images still go into
a class and display with whatever image is uploaded. So that generic photo will be the one that
displays. Also, you are making double the work for the moderators who go through every day and
approve photos since they will disapprove the generic photo and then approve the same registration
later when the correct image has over written the generic one. The moderators will no longer approve generic entries and will simply delete the entire registration from your account.
- Photos must be in .jpg format and no larger than 450 pixels in width and or height, scanned at not greater than 300 dpi or less with a file size of 90k or less. This will be strictly enforced and any other images will be resized by show uploader or deleted at their discretion.
- Photos that have been copyrighted, signed or named somewhere on the photo will be allowed as long as the writing or copyright mark does not cover the dog in any manner.
- Framed or oval shaped photos will NOT BE allowed.
- Model may be flipped in performance in order to have the model be on the correct side of a handler doll. The model itself MAY NOT BE ALTERED IN ANY MANNER. Digital altering of photo backgrounds is allowed for the purpose of hiding any use of support, such as models negotiating an obstacle where the foot support needs to be blended into the obstacle. Models placed upon bases, plexi rods or held up by fishing wire may have those removed from the photo background and from the attaching area of the model. Bases may also be altered to reach the entire length of the photo in order to make the base appear larger and blend into the background or footboard. Photos that are not enhanced in this way are to be judged equally against enhanced photos and should not be penalized for showing supports or footings.
- Rule Pertaining to Ownership and Showing of Models: You must own the model you are showing or have show rights to do so. If you sell a model you are currently showing you must either transfer the model to the new owner or unclick the entry from the show and retire the model. The only "official show rights" to a model that is not owned by the exhibitor is to show the model by proxy for the new owner and the new owner must have their ownership stated in the information line.
- Unlimited photos per show.
- The same photo, i.e. filename, may not be used for more than one event. In particular, performance / activity photos may not be used for conformation entries. It is impossible for the software program to differentiate between points earned for different classes if the same photo [filename] is used more than once. However, if you have a model which is "doing something" and you want to use it for conformation and an activity, you can upload the photo twice but with a different filename and obviously a different description. For example, your Cute Munchkin which is lying down could be entered as (1) CuteMumchkin.jpg for conformation and then as (2) CuteMunchkin_obed.jpg for "long Down" in the Obedience section".
- The photo must shown the entire dog in the photo frame, no cut off ears or legs. No hidden legs in tall
footing such as out of scale grass or buried in snow or hidden behind another dog such as in multiple dog figurines.
Judge's must be able to view the entire model dog.
- Once you have entered the show you do not have to re enter. The program does that for you. If you have new additions you must send those as stated above.
RULES TO SHOW IN MODEL DOG ONLINE SHOWS
MDHA Quick Reference Performance Guide
MDHA Dog Performance Guide
- Conformation classes are judged using AKC breed standards unless noted in the comment line that the entrant is showing under the rules of another organization (such as UKC, CKC, or FCI, for example). The Judging criteria should be based on: 1) correct structural anatomy/conformation, 2) breed type, 3) realism, 4) presentation, and 5) photo quality. Props (leads, show ring barriers, handlers, judges, etc.) are allowed but not required. The use of these should not devalue or promote a higher placing when judging conformation.
Conformation Champion Titles:
Conformation Champion. 250 points CH placed in front of dog's name.
Superior Conformation Champion. 500 points SP CH placed in front of dog's name.
Premier Conformation Champion. 1000 points PR CH placed in front of dog's name.
Supreme Conformation Champion. 2000 points SUP CH placed in front of dog's name.
Judges Ranks Badges and Certification Badges
Judges Rank Badges
When you volunteer to judge you can earn Judging Rank Badges based on the number of shows you complete as a judge. The ranks are as follows:
100 Classes = Rank 1
200 Classes = Rank 2
400 Classes = Rank 3
600 Classes = Rank 4
800 Classes = Rank 5
1000 Classes = Rank 6
1200 Classes = Rank 7
1500 Classes = Rank 8
2000 Classes = Rank 9
2500 Classes = Rank 10
3000 Class = Rank Esteem Judge
Judges Certification Badges
You can earn badges by testing your knowledge of dogs.
The Golden Bone Award
If you achieve the rank of Esteemed Judge, earn all 10 Conformation Badges and all 11 Performance Badges you will earn the highest award The Golden Bone Award.
You badges are proudly displayed to show your achievements on your User Page and after your
name in the show results.
You can find the Tests by clicking on the Exam Button on the left hand menu of the Show Arena.
USING THE DISQUALIFY BUTTON
Judges should only use the DQ - Disqualify button if :
- Model is Incorrectly Entered in Breed Class
- Model is Incorrectly Entered in Gender Class
- Model is Incorrectly Entered in Age
- Photo is Not Displaying
- Photo has Not Yet Been Approved
- Photo has Missing Handler in a Handler Mandatory Class
- Photo is Judge's Entry in a Show They Are Judging - The program should automatically DQ and Recuse the judge's dog unless they have more than one account. If that is the case the other account (s) must by DQ'd/Recused by clicking on the Recuse box.
Notification that the shows are up and ready for judging will be posted to the Modeldogs Message Group at:
Modeldogs Message Group
It is advised that you join this message group for up to the minute updates.
MDHA will assume that the sender of the entry is the contact for that entry, but we are not responsible for contacting owners who do not follow this format, are incomplete, or are lost. If you wish to obtain confirmation of your entry, email the submission address under a different subject line.
Dogs that are mis-entered (i.e., placed in the wrong color) will be moved or deleted at the show holders' discretion.
Last updated January 14, 2018
This site is maintained by MDHA. Its contents are copyrighted